The Men’s Cornerstone weekend is a 26-hour program that begins on Friday evening, and culminates at 8:00 PM on Saturday evening. It is a spiritual experience through which we become more conscious of how Christ is the Cornerstone of our lives, enabling us to live, grow and become more loving and vital persons. It is as well a social experience that provides us a wonderful opportunity for meeting other men of our parish and deepening our relationship with them. The Cornerstone Weekend is a wonderful gift, a much needed spiritual lift from the daily routine of our lives.
What is your objective?
join us and be a cornerstone brother
The men running this weekend are not professionals. We are men like you. We are just men of the St. Margaret Mary Parish who went through this retreat in the past, found it extremely rewarding, and want to pass it on. After the retreat we have monthly meetings to continue our fellowship. We also come together to help a number of ministries here at the Parish. Some Men help with Homeless Ministry, some help with the Lomita Fair just to name a few. We have a year end Potluck to celebrate all that the Lord has given us throughout the year.
ARE YOU READY?
MAYBE YOU’VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT, CONSIDERED IT AND THEN FOR WHATEVER REASON, DID NOT ATTEND.
Most frequent questions and answers
Please plan to arrive at St. Margaret Mary Church between 5:00 and 5:30 pm on Friday, June 14. We will gather in the St. Margaret Mary Room (near the flag pole; there will be signs).
The retreat will start promptly at 6 pm after a light dinner.
Please call if you will be late.
- We will have a light dinner available upon arrival, prior to the 6:00 pm retreat start. There will also be some additional food and drink on Friday evening before retiring for the night.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday will be provided.
- If you have any special dietary needs or restrictions please let us know as soon as possible.
- Dress very casually and comfortably for the weekend.
- We will have set up sleeping quarters inside Fr. Hegarty Hall. There will be cots and air mattresses to sleep on.
- You should bring a sleeping bag and pillow.
- Remember to bring toiletries as well.
- Limited showers will be available on Saturday morning if necessary. Let us know if you want to shower so we can accommodate you. Many guys will shower at home before the retreat.
- Comfortable clothing for 2 days
- Light jacket
- Sleeping clothes / pajamas
- Sleeping Bag
- Dental Toiletries (i.e. – Toothbrush, Toothpaste)
- If you need to shower:
- Soap, shampoo and bath towel
- And please leave your cell phone in your car or at home.
- Members of the staff will have cell phones that can be used by your family in an emergency.
- We will conclude on Saturday evening, June 15th at approximately 8 pm.
- Please do not make plans prior to 8 pm on Saturday night as it is important that you remain for the entirety of the retreat.
Get In touch
Leave us a message below or you may contact:
Jim Viveros: (310) 941-6803
Paul Bellia : (310) 995-8184